Founder Dilemmas – Future Worlds Panel Event
Future Worlds this week hosted an exciting panel event looking at the challenges of founding, growing and selling a startup. The event was an interactive panel discussion with audience members submitting questions via Twitter using the hashtag #AskFutureWorlds.
The panel members ranged from new founders to experienced entrepreneurs who have successfully sold their companies:
- Jim Wicks: co-founder of Primerdesign in 2005 which develops solutions for detecting disease. After the successful sale of the company, Jim now works as Strategic Director and oversees the development of the business.
- David Watchus: ex-head of AA media with three decades’ experience in marketing and media. He now supports growing businesses including University of Southampton spinout Dynamon, which he guides as Chairman.
- Angus Webb: founder of Dynamon, a company that helps the transport industry improve efficiency, cut costs and reduce emissions. Angus is currently growing his startup on the University Science Park and is busy raising his next round of funding.
- Mauro Cozzi: co-founder of Researchably, a cutting edge search tool for biomedical sciences which helps the industry accelerate their research. Mauro and his two co-founders received funding at the 2017 Future Worlds Dragons’ Den event and haven’t looked back since.
- Reuben Wilcock (host): co-founder of Joulo, an AI powered smart home energy platform which was acquired in 2015. He has been a part of 5 startups, three as founder, and now runs Future Worlds helping students and researchers change the world with their ideas.
You can watch the full event at the top of this page – just press the play button to catch up on what happened.